T4 DNA Polymerase catalyzes the extension of a primed DNA template in the 5' -> 3' direction. This enzyme exhibits a powerful 3' -> 5' exonuclease activity, while lacking any inherent 5' -> 3' exonuclease or strand displacement functions.
Specific Activity: 5,555U/mg
- 3'-overhang removal to form blunt ends
- 5'-overhang fill-in to form blunt ends
- Single strand deletion for sub-cloning
- Second strand synthesis in site-directed mutagenesis
- Probe labeling using replacement synthesis
Purified from a strain of E. coli that expresses the recombinant T4 DNA Polymerase gene.
100 mM KPO4
1.0 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
pH 6.5 @ 25°C
Supplied With: 10x Blue Buffer
10x Blue Buffer:
500 mM NaCl
100 mM Tris-HCl
100 mM MgCl2
10 mM DTT
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will incorporate 10 nmol of dNTPs into acid-precipitable material in 30 minutes at 37°C.
Recommended Storage Condition: -20ºC